I was invited to play the "10films" game by a friend, @macindahaus on Mastodon and I failed entirely. I was supposed to post a frame from a film that impacted me each day for ten days. I was also supposed to not explain or identify the films. Lastly, I was supposed to tag others to play along.
I did none of those things but decided I wanted to play my own way. I have assembled my list of films that have impacted me and I'm sharing them here.
MP4 via GIPHY
In no particular order:
- Stalker 1979. Directed by: Andrei Tarkovsky.
- Harold and Maude 1971. Directed by: Hal Ashby.
- Ikiru 1952. Directed by: Akira Kurosawa.
- Persona 1966. Directed by: Ingmar Bergman.
- Wings of Desire 1987. Directed by: Wim Wenders.
- Blade Runner 1982. Directed by: Ridley Scott.
- 2001: A Space Odyssey 1968. Directed by: Stanley Kubrick.
- House 1977. Directed by: Nobuhiko Obayashi.
- City of Lost Children 1995. Directed by: Jean-Pierre Jeunet & Marc Caro.
- Mad Max, Fury Road 2015. Directed by: George Miller.
I've got a longer list of favorites posted on Letterboxd.